In Saudi Arabia Huroob is a word use to describe those persons who were absent from work or runaway from Saudi Arab without informing its kafeel/sponsor. According to Jawazat law sponsor have to report passport authorities if Saudi expatriate is absent from work for long period of time or runaway from job without informing simply means person who violate this law is a Huroob person. Sponsor can easily gives absconding report(huroob) against expat’s iqama number.
If any worker report against sponsor in court for breaking labor law, in this case sponsor misuse this law to draw pressure on worker so that he step away from his report from court.
If any worker caught in Saudi Arabia who is ran away from his job and employer does not file any report against him than sponsor will be penalized with 5000 Sr to 15000 Saudi Riyal.
The law is law even if worker is huroob sponsor still have to pay expenses for his deportation from Saudi Arabia.
What happens if expat become huroob
– Residency permit muqeem card will be cancelled
– Do not stay in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
– Other than deportation from sponsor expenses there no legal benefits
– Leave from Saudi Arabia through Tharheels(deportation center)
– 5 year ban from staying or entering in Saudi Arabia
Leave a Reply