The Presidency of Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques launched an online information portal 2024 for giving guidelines and registration facilities to those Muslims who are willing to perform Itikaf during the month of Ramadan. Every year presidency made special arrangements for worshipers to perform i’tikaf. This portal supports 5 languages which helps to understand the Guidelines in a better way. To avail of this facility just
Itikaf Registration 2024: visit http://eservices.wmn.gov.sa:8081/eservices/ittikaf/ and after putting in a few details you get register yourself for i’tikaf of the respective year.
In the Masjid al-Haram, the basement area is allotted for i’tikaf, and separate shelves and safes were made. Each worshiper is given with own key for locking their belongings securely. Only one prayer rug, pillow, light bed sheets, and 2 ihram dresses.
The timing of i’tikaf starts on 20th Ramazan 2021 and ends after the Isha prayer on eve of Eid ul Fitr.
Itikaf Guide Lines:
- Always try to maintain the cleanliness of the Mosque
- Try not to discuss things in loud voices in the mosque.
- Avoiding things creates a disturbance for worshipers.
- Try not to bring extra luggage in the mosque.
- Perform and stay in the area designated for itikaf.
- Do not hang dresses on the corridors or the pillars of the mosque.
- Do not sleep in places of praying areas during night prayer thajjud,
- It is good to take medicines of infection. flu and fever with yourself.
- Air conditioning facility is available in Masjid.
- Keep miswak and don’t bring bags/suitcases as these were not allowed only bring plastic bags to carry your luggage.
- The food is available during seheri and Iftar outside the mosque so don’t need to bring any food storage.
- Must bring cash as if you want to buy some food and other stuff shops outside of the mosque.
- Keep tissues with yourself.
- Try to reach as soon as possible to start your i’tikaf it is good to reach 1 day before. In this way, you get time to understand i’tikaf guidelines practically.
Designated Areas for Itikaf
Masjid e Nabawi Prophet’s Mosque in Madina: Itikaf Observers will only be allowed to stay on the roof of the Prophet’s Mosque.
Masjid Al Haram Grand Mosque in Makkah: Itikaf Observers will only be allowed to stay in the basement of the King Fahd expansion area.
Itikaf Registration Online Masjid Nabawi Madinah
General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques introduced a new application for registration of itikaf in Madinah 2024.
Download the Visitors(Zaeroon) Application from:
Steps for Registration
- Register for a new account
- Click on My Services
- Click on Itikaf Service
- Create New Service
- Enter your Iqama Number
- Date of Birth in Hijri
- Click Send
After successfully applying, wait for GPH to accept the application only a specific number of i’tikaf registrations allowed each year. Open the application again to see the current status of the application.
- Only for Masjid Nabawi Prophet’s Mosque, The process is really simple you just need to enter either your passport or Iqama number to make sure that your iqama and passport are valid. Visit http://eservices.wmn.gov.sa for registration.
- First Translate the instructions into English and read all the guidelines.
- For More help Must visit the official website of the Presidency of Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques http://www.gph.gov.sa/
- On the next screen, you will see the most important part that you need to keep with yourself while staying in the mosque. Save it and take a print of the final registration slip.
For Itikaf Registration Masjid-al-Haram 2024
In order to get registered for Itikaf in Masjid-al-Haram, You need to follow the below procedure: This Method is Applied to Masjid-al-Haram Makkah Only
Steps for Registration
- Visit the official Mosque Affairs website for registration: https://eservice.gph.gov.sa/visit/Home.aspx
- First Must Translate this into English if you are in chrome
- In order to register for Itikaf person first needs to make his account
- Click on Register for new account تسجيــــل مستخـــدم جديد
- Then fill the registration form
- After the complete registration must visit your Email Inbox to Confirm the Email than click on Login button (تسجيل دخول) to access you account
- Go to the main page Find (نظام الإعتكاف) Usually in Engish it is translated as Retreat.
- Read the conditions and instructions for the observance
Approve the terms and conditions of the I’tikaaf
- Attach the image of the identity and choose the language and click to submit the request for I’tikaaf to obtain an application number
- Screen to inquire about the request for I’tikaaf and print it
- You can also check the application status of itikaf registration form same menu (نظام الإعتكاف) >> Check Itikaf Application or Confirm Online