The Presidency of Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques has launched an online information portal 2021 for giving guidelines and registration facilities to those Muslims who willing to perform Itikaf during the month of Ramadan. Every year presidency made special arrangements for worshipers to perform itikaf. This portal supports 5 languages which help to understand the Guidelines in a better way. To avail this facility just
Itikaf Registration 2021: visit http://eservices.wmn.gov.sa:8081/eservices/ittikaf/ and after putting a few details you get register yourself for itikaf of the respective year.
In the Masjid al-Haram, the basement area is allotted for itikaf, separate shelves and safes were made. Each worshiper is given with own key for locking of their belongings securely. Only one prayer rug, pillow, light bed sheets, and 2 ihram dress.
The timing of i’tikaf starts on 20th Ramazan 2021 and ends after Isha prayer on eve of Eid ul Fitr.
These are some of Guide Lines Given on Website:
- Always try to maintain the cleanliness of Mosque
- Try not to discuss things in loud voices in mosque.
- Avoid things creates disturbance for worshipers.
- Try not to bring extra luggage in mosque.
- Perform and stay in area designated for itikaf.
- Not hang dresses on the corridors or the pillars of the mosque.
- Do not sleep in places of praying area during night prayer thajjud,
- It is good to take medicines of infection. flu and fever with yourself.
- Air conditioning facility is available in Masjid.
- Keep miswak and don’t bring bags/suitcases as these were not allowed only bring plastic bags to carry your luggage.
- The food is available during seheri and Iftar outside the mosque so don’t need to bring any food storage.
- Must bring cash as if you want to buy some food and other stuff shops outside of the mosque.
- Keep tissues with yourself.
- Try to reach as soon as possible to start your i’tikaf it is good to reach 1 day before. In this way, you get time to understand i’tikaf guidelines practically.
Designated Areas for Itikaf
Masjid e Nabawi Prophet’s Mosque in Madina: Itikaf Observers will only be allowed to stay on the roof of the Prophet’s Mosque.
Masjid Al Haram Grand Mosque in Makkah: Itikaf Observers will only be allowed to stay in the basement of the King Fahd expansion area.
Itikaf Registration Online Masjid Nabawi Only
- Only for Masjid Nabawi Prophet’s Mosque, The process is really simple you just need to enter either passport or Iqama number to make sure that your iqama and passport are valid. Visit http://eservices.wmn.gov.sa for registration.
- First Translate the instruction into English and Must read all the guidelines.
- For More help Must visit the official website of the Presidency of Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques http://www.gph.gov.sa/
- On the next screen, you will see the most important part which you need to keep with yourself while staying in the mosque. Save it and take print of the final registration slip.
For Itikaf Registration Masjid-al-Haram 2020
In order to get registered for Itikaf in Masjid-al-Haram, You need to follow below procedure: This Method is Applied Masjid-al-Haram Makkah Only
- Visit the official Mosque Affairs website for registration: https://eservice.gph.gov.sa/visit/Home.aspx
- First Must Translate this into English if you are in chrome
- In order to register for itikaf person first need to make his account
- Click on Register for new account تسجيــــل مستخـــدم جديد
- Then fill the registration form
- After the complete registration must visit your Email Inbox to Confirm the Email than click on Login button (تسجيل دخول) to access you account
- Go to the main page Find (نظام الإعتكاف) Usually in Engish it is translated as Retreat.
- Read the conditions and instructions for the observance
Approve the terms and conditions of the I’tikaaf
- Attach the image of the identity and choose the language and click to submit the request for I’tikaaf to obtain an application number
- Screen to inquire about the request for I’tikaaf and print it
- You can also check the application status of itikaf registration form same menu (نظام الإعتكاف) >> Check Itikaf Application or Confirm Online