Due to hot desert climate people in Dubai not go outside in a day without cars. It is just an overview of Car in Dubai let see how to renew vehicle license registration in Dubai.
In Dubai every car owner need to register his vehicle once in a year. If you bought a new car in Dubai you may find it already registered by car showroom but in case if you bought second hand you need to register car every year onward after registration expires.
Car registration is called Mulkiya (mulkiyah, mulkiah) is Arabic. From August 2010 Dubai car registration can be renewed from any other emirates.
Insurance companies from august 2010 also gives services related to vehicle registration these companies includes:
Noor Takaful (and Noor Islamic Bank branches?),
Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance (RSA)
These car insurance companies uses same method still have to make contact with RTA Trusted Agents. They have internel links with RTA through which they done vehicle registration or renewal.
Document Required for Vehicle Registration renewal:
insurance certificate of Vehicle
Old registration card(mulkiyah, mulkiah)
“Passed” car test certificate
Take Emirate ID with yourself sometime they ask you to show your ID. It is good to keep your Emirates ID with yourself usually in case of Government Procedure
- Make sure that your car is free from any type of Traffic offence and all fine. Car owner check fines against his vehicle through online RTA website.
- In developed world every car is check for it efficiency and life in Dubai you need Passed Vehicle test certificate
- . To get this certificate Go to Dubai Traffic Department/other emirates traffic department or to (Tasjeel Eppco, Emarat Shamil or Belhasa’s Wasel to have the car tested.
- Pay the fees for test the fee is 120 Dirham while Registration fee is 320 Dirham
- Wait for you new Registration card which valid for 1 year. In case if car is on lease give Bank Clearance certificate..
- Take a new Sticker with new expiry date and place it on rear number plate over a old sticker.
Some Important Points
Make sure to always renew registration as soon as possible as Dubai Police is tracking those vehicle whose registration have expired more than 3 months ago. In some cases Dubai RTA totally write off vehicle and in order to register again owner have to pay big amount.
The fine of late registration is starts from 150 Dirham no matter how fast you take action even if you late for 1 days.
If you buy a new car in Dubai you don’t need to get tested for 2 year while those vehicle that were two years old must have to be tested.
To get your registration on urgent basis you have to pay 100-200 dhs Tasjeel otherwise wait for your turn.
Shamil give a pick up service in which you called him and they collect your car, register it and then give you back.
EPPCO Tasjeel 800 4258
For more information, visit RTA website (http://www.rta.ae). Or call RTA’s toll free number on 8009090.