Expats living with their families must have Question: how I made an Iqama or muqeem card for my new baby coming in the near future. What happened If my wife is pregnant and I want to have a baby in Saudi Arabia, what should I do?In this case, there are two possibilities. The first is that your child was born in your home country and you want to bring him to Saudi Arabia.Another possibility is that your wife will give birth in Saudi Arabia.In both cases, the Iqama/muqeem card is mandatory for children. However, the procedure for obtaining Iqama differs. In the first case, the procedure is much longer, and in the second case, the procedure is more expensive; it is now up to you to decide which is easier for your convenience.
Making Iqama If the Baby Is Born in the Parent’s Home Country:
Let’s read through how to make iqama if a baby is born outside of Saudi Arabia.
- Make sure your wife has a valid Iqama/Muqeem card from Saudi Arabia.
- apply for a passport and visa child through a good travel agent in your home country.
- After getting a Visa and Passport for your baby, it is time to travel towards Saudi Arabia.
- Now, after getting into KSA, you have to pay a fee of 2000SAR through ATM or internet banking under your iqama number. If you delay the payment, an additional SAR 500 will be imposed on you.
- These are all fees deposited under your iqama funds which you can check on the MOI website.
- Go to Jawazat Offices and ask for an application form for Iqama, then attach two photos of your child and have your kafeel/sponsor attest the application form.
- Attach photocopies of the medical test Polio Immunization Certificate received from my home country.
- The form should then be submitted to IDHAFA centers in Jawazat offices, along with photocopies of iqama and passports of the father and mother. Submitting could take some time due to long queues.
Making Iqama If Your Child Is Born in Saudi Arabia:
Follow the below steps if the child is born inside Saudi Arabia:
- Birth Certificate: When a new child is born in KSA, the hospital issues a Birth Statement. Clearly, check this statement to see if there are any errors in the child’s name. To get a birth certificate, you must book an appointment with al ahwal Madani. They have an online system where you can book an appointment.See in depth the procedure of getting a Birth Certificate in Saudi Arabia.
- Passport for New Born Baby: Getting a birth certificate is only a hard process. After that, it is easy to get a passport. call your local embassy office and they tell you the whole procedure of getting a passport for a new born baby. Normal passport requirements:1. An English translation of the birth certificate
- Passport-sized photos of the baby3. Original and a copy of both parents’ passports.
- Application form for issuance of Passport
- Iqama of New Born Baby: It takes 5 to 7 days for the passport of your baby to be made. After obtaining a passport, contact your company’s HR department to obtain an iqama, or complete the process yourself by visiting Jawazat offices, where you will be given an application with which you must attach two photos of the child, copies of the parents’ passports, iqama copies of the parents, original+copies of the child’s passport, and a fee of SAR 5 to ten.All things with form can be submitted to idhafa center in Jawazat office.